Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

What a year full of blessings and memories!  As I listen to my husband snore on the couch and the kids voices in the basement (hanging out nicely at the moment!), I'm reminded why the month of December sucked the energy out of me!  Every year I say I will be calm, organized, and sane the week before Christmas.  Not!!  I really should start saying the opposite and maybe that will come true.  However, we had so much fun and spent lots of quality time with our families, friends and each other.  

Last night, we stayed at home and partied with our favorite friends, The Princes. . .


Games, drinks, tons of food, and a whole lot of dancing. . .

video

Miss Megan has some moves!  

We celebrated at 10:15 with a champagne toast for the adults and sparkling white grape juice for the kids.  The Prince family headed home shortly after (the little ones were done!)  Brady went right to bed but Kelsey and Ellie were determined to stay up.  So we all got our jammies on and parked it on the couch for the next 90 minutes.  After 10 minutes on the couch, Scott and Kelsey were out.  I tried so hard to keep my eyes open but at 11:58 I heard Ellie yelling for us to wake up.  Yes, we're old and midnight is way too late!!  Scott took Kelsey up to bed while Ellie and I let our puppy out (more on that below!).  Much to our surprise was a huge buck in our backyard wishing us a Happy New Year!  We kind of freaked out for a moment but then ran to the front of the house to watch it run down the street.  Pretty darn cool!  

First and foremost, we welcomed an adorable 9 week old Cavapoo named Bentley in to our home on Nov. 30th!  We surprised the kids with him and boy, what a surprise it was!  They had NO idea!!  Frankly, I'm not sure how Scott and I kept this a secret for 2 months but it was well worth it. . .


Claire babysat the kids so Scott and I could travel to Dayton to pick him up.  She was just a tad bit excited :)




He is such a sweet and adorable little puppy!  I was concerned because I picked him out when he was only 3 weeks old...from a picture!  I knew the color I wanted and I knew I wanted a boy.  Seeing he was the only boy in the litter who was white and tan?  SOLD!  As the weeks went on, the breeder would send me pictures of him with his siblings.  I still wasn't sure of his personality and started to panic that he wouldn't "mesh" with our family.  When we picked him up on that Saturday, he was the last of his 5 siblings to go home.  He was a little timid and was a little frightened of Scott.  Great!  Doesn't like men!  When we got home, he really opened up and started playing with the kids.  He slept quite a bit that first day.  But by the second day, he was crazy!!  Biting, chasing the kids, pulling Brady's pants down.  I went in to "what on earth have I done" mode!  After googling on how to manage the psycho dog...yes, he was psycho...I came to realize that he was treating us like his puppy pack.  This is how he played with his brothers and sisters.  So...it was my job to get him to understand that I was his PACK LEADER!  Within a few days, things were much better and now, he is a sweet, calm, playful, snuggly, precious dog! He just needed some discipline and rules just like children :)  The potty training is a tad bit slower than I thought but yesterday was the first day he went to the door 4 times to go outside.  Progress is being made, people! One thing that I am thankful for is he sleeps through the night in the laundry room in his kennel!  He absolutely loves it...

This picture was taken the day after Christmas.  He spent Christmas with Charlotte and Eli and was pretty over stimulated!  He literally crashed the next day and slept for quite a while in his kennel.  

One thing Bentley doesn't like...CATS!
I can't say I blame him :)

He loves the snow and looked super cute in his Santa suit...


He also loves my Christmas decorations. . .


He is now 3 months old and seems like he's been with us for much longer.  Routines are in place and we can now play with him and sit on the floor without him biting our hands.  He loves the kids and gets so excited when they come home from school!  Adorable I tell you but very time consuming.  You forget how much work it is and how one minute they're sleeping and the next minute they're chewing a hole in your carpet!  Oh well, it's short lived and I needed a new carpet anyway.  Ok, it's a new carpet but he's cute and I forgive him :)

As I type, he's peacefully sleeping on the couch which is quickly becoming his favorite spot...



Before we brought Bentley home, we traveled to Cleveland for Thanksgiving.  We were really looking forward to seeing the Carr's as well as meeting Mimi's future in laws and family!  She is one lucky girl because they are wonderful as well as an incredible future husband!!  The girls had fun as well.  Pa and Gamma hit up the Stoufers outlet and snagged a great deal on Digiorno pizzas.  42 mini pizzas to be exact!  Boxes came with the pizzas so the kids had a blast putting all 42 boxes together. 



Ta da!


Before anyone arrived for turkey day, I was able to have my first REAL photo shoot!  Mimi asked if I would take some engagement photos of her and Scott to which I jumped on the chance!  They were so cute together and clearly are in LOVE!!

My guinea pig to test the lighting was none other than...


Yes, you guessed it :)









So much fun to capture these lovebirds who are anxiously awaiting to tie the knot in June!! And sweet Lexie was a trooper as well!

Before we all got our eat on, Scott, Ellie, Mimi and Scott G. ran the Turkey 5K in Cleveland.  It was FREEZING...15 degrees to be exact but they finished. . .



Mimi and Scott and "the nieces and nephews". . .


The kids opening the adorable cards Mimi made for them that asked them to be in her wedding :)




Chicken foot. . .


Very intense!



And the turkey deep fryer himself. . .my sugar daddy!


So that was our November in a nutshell.  

A quick recap of our 2013 through Instagram. . .

 

Stay tuned for December!

XOXO
-K

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed every moment of our NYE with you! Thanks again for having us :) Loved seeing all of your pics from the past few weeks. Bentley is such a cutie and starting to make me want another dog...He is perfect for your family!! We are blessed to have you all in our lives and look forward to making some more memories with you in 2014! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete